Monday, August 22, 2011

Do You Hear that Music?

Singer Taylor Swift at the Time 100 Gala, May ...Image via Wikipedia
Many people list the music that inspires them as they write their novels. I think of music as I write reviews and my True Blood Recaps. 
Last night during Sookie's Dream Sequences they played Henri Rene's Sleepwalk but without the ah-ah -ah soprano vocalization. There are a bunch of these on Itunes but I don't see an Henri Rene without the vocal, and my mind got so stuck on that the rest got tuned out.

I actually like Taylor Swift. There is nothing that says you can't be beautiful and talented. Anyone who can sing while playing the piano is okay by me! Last night they used Haunted when Jess and Jason were hooking up in his truck. Yeah, good thing he didn't go inside, they might have had sex or something.

So what did I think of while I wrote the recap.  Sadly, I am 50 and my music is different. generally it's musicals. So, The Dream sequence got With me it's All or Nothing from Oklahoma. But sadly, that is all I can remember — it's such an earworm I will probably have the one lyric I am sure of going around and around all flipping day!
Enhanced by Zemanta