Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh Shed, Hot Stuff!


Oh Shed
My husband's company sold this year, not the kind of sold that turned him into a retired gent, but the kind that means we have better insurance. So, I said why not buy the shed so we can clean up the garage?  So he ordered a ginormous KIT that we have until the snow falls to put together. He sprained his back this week meaning he needed more of my help that normal. Including lifting these huge roof beams to sit on top the wall posts.It has been wet out lately so each weighs a lot more than normal too.

"This is a bad idea," I told him several days ago, "One of us is already hurt, and the other is accident prone. And, I don't think we will do this without one of us ending up in the hospital."
Could he have made plans with a friend to help? Eff yeah.
Did I get hurt? Of course—I banged my knee. It still hurts.
I went in to call a friend who is coming over to help and while I was doing that he put one beam up on his own.  With a sprained back.
For what the shed cost it should have come with a team of men to put it together or it should have come already put together.
Humph!
So, our friend came by in an hour the two guys got done more than we had done in several hours.
My knee still hurts.



Just pull the film off and voila!
In other news, we had a love affair with European appliances and got a "special" oven when we built the house. Over time, the display which shows what mode you are using, bake, convection, broil, etc., became nearly impossible to read. It had gotten to the point that I would set what I thought was the temp and use an oven thermometer. Well, the good part of  living with an engineer is that they will take stuff apart to fix it. The bad part is that,...

He looks on line ffor replacement parts. $800 for a new panel, but then he goes to forums. And, just about everyone with this oven has the same problem, and the others don't use their oven.

He starts to take the oven apart to fix the circuit board the way this guy recommends. He discovers there is a piece of acetate film, red over the green color light in the temp/mode window. Red cancels green making the whole thing a mystery! Of course, in the meantime he demolished the timer and it will take a few days to fix that. I am feeling a new oven in my future!