| Chris Bohajalian |
The internet has changed what we mean by friend a bit but not so much. Julia Child had her pen pal who was her bff. I have friends, real friends I have only ever known online. If we ever meet in person I am sure we will be friends then too.
I consider Chris Bohjalian a friend. Having read most of his books I felt I knew him and then after moderating his online forum chatting on facebook and email I really do think of him as a friend.
His Father passed on recently and he has written so many great stories about his father that I think I would have enjoyed knowing him.
Chris is a writer, a REALLY good writer with Best Sellers and movies—The whole nine yards. I especially loved his book Skeletons at The Feast.
But even then, even then this story about his father made me all teary. I think it is absolutely beautiful. If when I die someone says half as many nice things about me I would consider myself fortunate indeed.
Take a couple of minutes to read his post Terribly Sudden but not terrible sad.