Friday, December 16, 2011

Mirror Mirror Which is the Better Movie of them all?

snow white
Image by rachel sian via Flickr
Two count 'em two Snow White movies coming out in 2012. One, of course, is the dark, dark, Snow White and The Huntsman, with Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron. I love the trailer for it and wonder how many times they had to shoot Charlize's Evil Queen asking the mirror who is the fairest of them all. It has got to be one of the most cliche'd lines an actor would have to say.  Of course she says it in that plummy accent and you realize this queen is playing for keeps—she is dead serious about wanting Snow White gone (For the trailer starting at that line click HERE. I have embedded it several times and I don't want to be too repetitive) Snow White and the Huntsman is set to release on June 1.

Less dark, more of a farce is Mirror Mirror with Lilly Collins, Julia Roberts and Nathan Lane. The beginning of the trailer is Mamma Mia via Bollywood. Mirror Mirror releases on March 16, 2012.  Surprise! Relativity Media also put out Mamma Mia.  Weird, Mirror Mirror has a Facebook Page but no official website that I can find (none is listed on IMDB or ComingSoon.com). 






I think the Theron/Stewart/Hemsworth version is the one I am more interested in. How about you.