Saturday, December 17, 2011

Weighty Issues

I used to be a Weight Watchers leader, but fell off the wagon.  The week of my leg surgery I decided to go back on the program as an online subscriber. My husband has as well. Even though I was less mobile as usual I lost weight.

Compared to the program we did in 2003 this is so easy with a completely different points structure!  First of almost all  fruits and vegetables are zero points. This means you can eat more. The tracking is different now. You get a certain number of daily points and a "discretionary fund" of weekly points and more for activities.  I am never hungry and I have lost nine pounds.

There is also a way to use only the power foods and not track at all. It's quite a list. If you do track there are mobile apps as well as desktop.  The program we each bought was $65 for three months. There are still, of course, meetings and they can be very helpful and fun. You realize you are not alone, and well if all these other people can do this you can too! Online there are forums of people struggling through as well.

Anyway, this is the time of year we all start to think about our New Years Resolutions. If your weight is one you would like to address I urge you to check it out!

This post is entirely my idea. Weight Watchers has not solicited nor remunerated me for writing about it.