Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pressure Testing? How Do You Stress?

Panic button
By John (Flickr: Panic button) [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
So today, tomorrow, I am having an icky, but common screening procedure that involves anesthesia. Nothing is wrong with me. This is something all people my age or older are supposed to get. I am fortunate in that our insurance covers it.

In any event, it must be done, but the anxiety I feel over stuff like this is rather intense.  It's not my worst stressor—that would be a tie between something bad happening to my husband or one of my cats, Mom, sisters or another close relative and getting to the airport on time. Oh my Goddesses, thank goodness they invented valium and immodium.

Sometimes with those above I have full blown panic attacks. Once when my husband had an accident and we were on tthe way to the hospital in the ambulance I had a full-scale panic attack that required I get out of the ambulance at a rest stop and they had to go on without me. I called someone who picked me up and took me to the hospital.

What stresses you out and do you ever react with a full-scale immobilizing attack? 

I am back and everything is okay.  Just resting.