| My nose is not that large! Image via Wikipedia |
What's it like to be a blogger, part of the Internet Media? It's such a great job; money for nothing, right? Well it's more like nothing (except that I like it and meet great people like you) for money. That's right, while I do my blogging as a business I haven't made any money and spend quite a bit.
Maybe, eventually, I will make money. It would be nice to be successful in that way as well as the ways in which I am a successful blogger. Refusing to limit myself to a non-"adult" group of topics limits which advertisers will pick me up. Even some companies that sell hot lingerie! I feel my value as an adult is that I can share adult issues with other adult. I am not selling porn but that word, "adult" apparently equals "porn." So, how does my day go?
Six to Eight AM I wake up, reach into the bag next to the bed and pull out my computer or I-pad and start to check email and tweets. Usually I have a bit of networking to accomplish. sometime in the morning I usually do some laundry, get dressed and run down to the closest cuty, Portland, for Pilates or Cardiovascular exercise. Then get my errands at the store, pharmacy and post office done. I sometimes get to shop or socialize. Then I get home and I read and network. I try to read a book every day for Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust. I "talk" with authors and publishers at this time. Also, in the afternoon I do laundry and get dinner going. And I read, read and read. Usually I finish my book between nine and ten at night and right a review. Then I am looking at news about TV, books and movies, I try to figure out what to write about here on Winged Effigy, and figure out how to get information you may not have time to compile. I was joking with another blogger that I type my fingers to the bone and sometimes it feels that way! But, I know that I am very fortunate to have the chance to find what I love to do and have the chance to do it.
I get maybe half of what I read through publishers and contests. The rest I buy. The best thing is that I finally have a great excuse for reading all day.
Thank you all for making my day worth it!!!!
What's your day like???
What's your day like???