Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snow Storm And Bill Maher

A heavy-duty walk-behind two-stage snow blower.
This is probably in my near future Image via Wikipedia
It has been a ludicrously mild winter so far, but that is all supposed to end tomorrow as we actually return to seasonal temperatures and
weather conditions.  On a selfish level, I don't mind a warmer and less snowy winter. I have lived through enough bitter, biting cold and a plethora of blizzards.


If you have a long driveway and a traveling husband you learn to use the snow-blower and the generator quickly in these pahts.

Alaska and Austria are not faring as well with some of the heaviest snow in years. Perhaps they are magically sending it my way. I plan to hole up unless my sprain gets worse and I have to hit the quick care. With a sprained thumb and a snowstorm coming I better get some sleep.

On the Bright Side, Bill Maher returns this week with his caustic socio-political commentary.  An HBO Press Release earlier today told me:
REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER KICKS OFF ITS TENTH SEASON FRIDAY, JAN. 13, EXCLUSIVELY ON HBO
DAVID FRUM, ROB REINER AND DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ ARE ROUNDTABLE GUESTS; ALEXANDRA PELOSI AND HERMAN CAIN ARE INTERVIEW GUESTS (10:00-11:00 p.m. live ET/tape-delayed PT), exclusively on HBO, with an instant replay at 11:00 p.m. following the live presentation.

Allowing Maher to offer his unique perspective on contemporary issues, the show includes an opening monologue, roundtable discussions with panelists, and interviews with in-studio and satellite guests.
The roundtable guests this week are commentator David Frum, director Rob Reiner and Fla. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz; documentary filmmaker Alexandra Pelosi is an interview guest.
HBO