| Poppy Image by Steve-h via Flickr |
I often think my favorite flowers are poppies, when they are in bloom. My poppies are a ruffled salmon. Their pods are nearly obscene with their hairy lips opening to a fleshy bloom. But then they're gone and my favorite flowers are those silly pinks with their clove-like scent. Except when it just smells like a funeral.
I love my peonies. I am hoping a new peony, Peaches in the Snow, blooms this year. And the dahlias my friend gave me in a grocery bag have tripled their corms every year.
| Peony: Image via Wikipedia |
What's your favorite flower??
| My Dahlias are similar to these. Image via Wikipedia |
I have never met a rose I didn't like and if I stay away from yellow roses the japanese beetles seem to go away. I have a fascinating Japanese ground rose, Novzoni and have often thought the flowers were like ballet dancers. and I am very fond of my French lilac which has a white edge on each very proper petal. The truth is that I just love my garden.
Write text here...