|
|
A really flattering photo of Dick Cheney, Vice President
of the United States (ret)
(Photo credit: Wikipedia) |
For a long time I was confused about Succubus versus incubus. This confusion began before I got so deeply involved in paranormal literature with THE DAILY SHOW and Jon Stewart. He used to call Vice President Cheney, President Bush's "Allergic to Light Succubus Sidekick." Now, I adore Jon Stewart and think his show is one of the most vital things in the political media. It's unevenly done, but I think it is generally the kind of comedy that highlights the truth no one wants brought out. But, as much as I may dislike Vice President Cheney's policy, I do believe he is male and as all of us who read PNR or Urban Fantasy know a succubus is a female lust or sex demon/ghost. A male sex demon or lust daemon is an
INcubus. Therefore Cheney could not have been a succubus but may have been an, In,...no, no, let's not go there. There's nothing that would put me off romance faster than that image.
*
Here is Wikipedia's definition: An incubus,..., is a demon
in male form who, according to a number of mythological and legendary
traditions, lies upon sleepers, especially women, in order to have
intercourse with them. Its female counterpart is the succubus....
Religious tradition holds that repeated intercourse with an incubus or
succubus may result in the deterioration of health, or even death.
|
|
| Succubus (Photo credit: aa7ae) |
It's probably no mystery that it is easier to find images of sexy succubi than incubi with the whole men being more into visual stimuli thing. And, there's that whole men controlling art for centuries thing too. In fact, lest women be enticed to congress with incubi, it is pretty recent they are depicted as sexy at all. Before then, they were the stuff of nightmare, not dreams.
* I have no ill will towards Cheney, he is recovering from very serious surgery and I wish him a speedy recovery.