| English: Night view of Upper and Lower Manhattan from New Jersey (Photo credit: Wikipedia) |
| Maine Lobster (Photo credit: man pikin) |
I also feel somewhat dull: A friend's husband passed away and I am at a loss to even talk to her. That makes me feel even more dull. Culturally, she is from a place where I have found people do not like others to see their troubles. I am not naming the culture, but we have several friends from there and have found they don't even want visitors in the hospital. All the signs say "Keep Away!" I figure everyone has that right to want company or not.
We'll see her at the wake (viewing) and funeral. And, if that's all I can do right now that is all I can do. It's after that you need people to drop. In two weeks or a month people stop calling and the casserole dishes are all finished. It's then people need friends.