Friday, June 22, 2012

Small Medium at Large

New Dresses from Gayle <3
(Photo credit: betsyjean79)
The simple summer dress search saga continues.
Now, it has expanded into a search for decent fabric to have a dress remade. The local sewing store chain has no good quality tee-shirt knit fabrics that don't have Disney characters on them.  Really, such crap.

So, I found a few dresses this week. One, online that I bought for $60 plus $9 S&H was sold as a size medium.  I got it and tried it on and the armholes began 9 inches from my shoulders.  The fabric was thin and heavily sized to hide that. So, despite this having been misrepresented size-wise and being of poor quality fabric I have to pay the return shipping.

LL Bean, even prior to their new free shipping, never charged return shipping if the fault was theirs.  Calling Customer Service generally got return shipping waived. Not what happened here, I was told that if I reordered they don't charge shipping to the customer.  The adage: "Don't throw good monney after bad." applies.

I ended up with four new dresses this week. One from the Gap and 3 from Horny Toad. I am happy with them but the company from which I ordered online, Vermont Country Store, has lost a customer.


Enhanced by Zemanta