Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Taxi Cab Blues

NEW YORK, NY - UNSPECIFIED DATE: In this hando...
NEW YORK, NY -(Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)

So, it's the end of BEA for me and I am waiting for a while for a cab in a stand.  There are two women in front of me who I think are together. As they get to the head of the line, a cab pulls up, but neither woman moves for it. Another pulls up and I said, well, if no one is taking this I am going to. I looked back and the woman is all mad at me. She wasn't with the other lady. I yelled, "Well if you want it take it," but she didn't get down, "Here!"  I had to yell to be heard over traffic.  She still didn't move. The first cab was still there.


English: New York Cab - Toyota Prius
 New York Cab  (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Well, I feel really bad for stealing her cab, even though it was inadvertent inadvertently. And, the cab driver said that what was happening was that the other cab was discharging a passenger. But the woman waiting just was looking at the guy and not moving for a long time.  This is my public confession and apology.  I am also sad because that person now thinks I am an asshat and there is no way to apologize to her personally for my inept behavior. And a whole line of people at BEA now also think I am an asshat. Great.

Have you ever had an experience like this?





Enhanced by Zemanta