Friday, July 13, 2012

50 Shades - A Musical Debate


This is all the arguments I have heard or read both for and against this book  in one song! SOme people like it, others abhor it and still the debate rages on.  I have heard these arguments for almost every single series that hit the charts rapidly.  There are all kinds of entertainment. Some like this, others don't.  HAVE YOU READ FIFTY SHADES? How do you feelabout it?

I read all three (my husband read two) and I really enjoyed them.

So these young (-er than me) people are doing these musical bits online.  Fun! I like it when I see creativity, and folks working together!

http://youtu.be/leT-4Y1l7NY

This next bit is the music Grey plays in his car as he and Anastasia are getting to know each other.  It is a rarely choral piece written during the reign of Elizabeth I.  Sung in latin, it is a musical frame for the words: respice humilitatem nostram (be mindful of our humiliation). I think these early choral pieces were meditations on religious ideas. But, having been FORCED to listen to choral music much of my youth, I have a hard time with it.  This is actually lovely though.

Spem in Alium
, by the English Renaissance composer Thomas Tallis performed by, The Tallis Scholars in 2003.




http://youtu.be/7Cn7ZW8ts3Y

Enhanced by Zemanta