| Fifty Shades of Grey (Photo credit: ellebnere) |
| Bible (Photo credit: Sean MacEntee) |
VERSUS
"Oh My God! I'm Having an Orgasm!" Replaces "Dear God, Please Bless Those at Home" at one British Hotel
I saw this in SHELF AWARENESS PRO
Besides my husband, I am the least religious person I know. I am most definitely NOT a fan of organized Christianity. But this article out of the UK's Westmoreland Gazette: FIfTY SHADES OF GREY REPLACES BIBLE at LAKE DISTRICT HOTEL (http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/9824187.Racy_Fifty_Shades_of_Grey_replaces_bible_at_Lake_District_hotel/) points to a publicity stunt. In fact this action SCREAMS Publicity Stunt.
Did I mention the Olympics are starting this week, sure to bring more people to the UK even beyond London?
Can you think of a better way to bring attention to your hotel than to remove the Christian Bible and place FIFTY SHADES in that night stand drawer instead. THe hotellier points out the Bible is also full of sex and violence.
Did I mention the Olympics are starting this week, sure to bring more people to the UK even beyond London?
Can you think of a better way to bring attention to your hotel than to remove the Christian Bible and place FIFTY SHADES in that night stand drawer instead. THe hotellier points out the Bible is also full of sex and violence.
According to the article in the Westmoreland Gazette by Helen Perkins on July 19:
Hotel manager Wayne Bartholomew said the move to install the steamy bestseller was in response to popular demand.
Mr Bartholomew, who starred in Channel 4’s first series of The Hotel, said the book was all people were talking about but many were too shy to buy it.
“I thought it would be a special treat for our guests to find it in their bedside cabinet and that includes the men too,” he said. “They are as desperate to get their hands on a copy as the women.”
He added: “The Gideon Bible is full of references to sex and violence, although it’s written using more formal language, so James’s book is easier to read.(Westmoreland Gazette)
Certainly, many may find this book book more interesting than The BOOK. It's certainly more likely to be stolen from those nightstands. And, if not, I think I would only touch mine wearing protective gloves. EW!!
What do you think? Publicity Stunt or real interest in his hotel guests' needs and wishes?