I tried to "friend" someone on facebook this evening who I thought was someone else.
Oops. It was, I apologized, a social media wrong number.
Instantly, I thought of a wrong number received late one night when my husband was traveling in Asia. It was after ten and while normally a phone ringing at ten PM would make me think someone had died. However, my husband being in Asia made me think it could be him calling because of the time difference. Then I saw it was from a town some friends lived in so I answered with a cautious hello.
Immediately a chorus of people on a speaker phone belted out two Broadway style choruses of Happy Birthday. Problem was it was nowhere near my birthday. I said as gently as possible that it was very nice but they had a wrong number. They were mad at me! And hung up as quickly as they had called.
What was your funniest wrong number???
