Monday, September 26, 2011

A Trailer For One For the Money: Excited or Scared?

Joe Penny in Austria 2001Image via Wikipedia
Joe Penny 2001, but is it the right Joe Penny?
My new Tweep BAD ASS BOOK REVIEWS clued me into this trailer for One For the Money, the first book in the Stephanie Plum saga by Janet Evanovich.

I have been both anticipating and dreading this trailer and this movie. It's hard to imagine why they chose the Joe Morelli they did. NJ is full of actors—I hear there are quite a few at the shore. And, I like the actor, but he is Irish, from Ireland. I love the Irish, always wanted to be Irish, but he better be a darn good actor! He was in the series Life on Mars by David Kelly.

And I am not a huge Heigl fan. But she isn't off in the part.
Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur? She looks too young, too sane and too good. 

My choices are now the wrong ages for Stephanie, Joe and Ranger.  I always believed Morelli was Joe Penny (if you are under 45 you will have no idea who he is) and that Stephanie was Sandra Bullock.  WHO could possibly have come close in my mind to being the slice of masculine yum named Ranger? The guy they chose isn't bad but he  isn't commanding in the trailer. Morelli's undercover in One for the Money, Right?

In communication with Evanocvich's  I was told she sold the rights years ago and had no say in the production or casting.

At a theater near you on January 27. 





We'll see; trailers are misleading and credit to Bad Ass Book Reviews
Enhanced by Zemanta