Monday, October 24, 2011

An Indy STEAMPUNK BOOK STORE Fills A Niche Niche


 OFF THE BEATEN PATH Steampunk desktop.Image via Wikipedia

I would never even have thought of this idea for a shop. A bookstore with a decidedly Steampunk flair. I think it is a great idea and they are making a profit. I don't know that there are many bookstores that can say that these days.

From this "Æther-ial" Establishment's Website! 

Off the Beaten Path Bookstore features speculative fiction works with a steampunk air; wonderment, captivation, and entertainment are just through the door! If you're a more "hands-on" person, workshops and events will draw your attention; if you prefer the company of words, books and podcasts will be available to you soon! Off the Beaten Path
On Facebook the store is referred to as the only "the only 19th Century Steampunk themed Bookstore in Michigan that specializes in speculative fiction!" I think that singular status may well extend beyond the state of Michigan! Oh Brave New World!