| Image via Wikipedia |
Hey! here's a shout out to the hunters who RANG MY DOORBELL at SEVEN O'clock Saturday morning to request permission to hunt on my land or to traverse my land to hunt on another piece of property. And another round of applause for them shooting all freaking day. Either they bagged more than their share of ducks or they are really awful or really drunk hunters. Seriously, there was shooting from that seven AM wake up call until sundown. They were either after ducks or turkeys. My husband commented that with so much shooting they were trying for ground turkey. Mmm, Yummy, buckshot!
I have to allow access on my river frontage up to the high water mark, but to shoot something on my land which IS posted and to use my road down to the water, they have to ask. They can damn well ask the day before. It is uncivilized to ring someone's door bell at seven in the morning.Ring that bell tomorrow and I may charge you with trespassing!
I would say that they might find themselves on the other end of a shotgun, but I don't have one and wouldn't shoot anyone. The most I could manage is a stapler.
I am not anti-hunter. I would not hunt unless I were in a survival situation. I a pro-safety. I believe we have had more that three accidents this past month where one hunter shot another. And, in the late 1980s a man shot a mother hanging up laundry in her yard. He mistook her for a deer because she was wearing white mittens. So, bad stuff happens and people are careless. Pets and people are killed. If you want to be outside, hell, grab a rake; they're quieter and have a low rate of being used in homicide. And, if you want to use a rake on my property, no need to ask permission!
I would say that they might find themselves on the other end of a shotgun, but I don't have one and wouldn't shoot anyone. The most I could manage is a stapler.
I am not anti-hunter. I would not hunt unless I were in a survival situation. I a pro-safety. I believe we have had more that three accidents this past month where one hunter shot another. And, in the late 1980s a man shot a mother hanging up laundry in her yard. He mistook her for a deer because she was wearing white mittens. So, bad stuff happens and people are careless. Pets and people are killed. If you want to be outside, hell, grab a rake; they're quieter and have a low rate of being used in homicide. And, if you want to use a rake on my property, no need to ask permission!