Silly old me. The post I put up this morning on Fangs, etc. was meant for here!
FlavorPill, the newsletter from Flavor Wire showed the first covers of some classics:

I picked a couple to share with you:
My first thought: What a great present for Peter Jackson at the Hobbit Wrap party!
This was when the art was impressed right into the hardboard.
I read The Hobbit in eighth grade, I think. I don't recall how I felt about it. But, I didn't have any jewelry, nor was I mystically inclined. A big footed rustic Hobbit on a quest just didn't mean anything to me. I was about twelve so it was a while ago.
I didn't read A Clockwork Orange until college, but still in the far distant past. I found it interesting because I still spoke some Russian then and the language took so much from it. Funny how they have the words coming out of the figure's mouth: Yarbles, bolshy great yarblockos to thee and thine. Balls, Big, great (Russian word Yarbllicka=Apples) Balls to you and yours.(http://soomka.com/nadsat.html). This would have been so shocking when this came out in the 1960s.


I picked a couple to share with you:
My first thought: What a great present for Peter Jackson at the Hobbit Wrap party!
This was when the art was impressed right into the hardboard.
I read The Hobbit in eighth grade, I think. I don't recall how I felt about it. But, I didn't have any jewelry, nor was I mystically inclined. A big footed rustic Hobbit on a quest just didn't mean anything to me. I was about twelve so it was a while ago.
I didn't read A Clockwork Orange until college, but still in the far distant past. I found it interesting because I still spoke some Russian then and the language took so much from it. Funny how they have the words coming out of the figure's mouth: Yarbles, bolshy great yarblockos to thee and thine. Balls, Big, great (Russian word Yarbllicka=Apples) Balls to you and yours.(http://soomka.com/nadsat.html). This would have been so shocking when this came out in the 1960s.

