Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crying All the Way to the Bank

Banking on sadness is really par for the course but that doesn't make thne media coverage of Whitney Houston's death any more palatable.
Media plunged into split-personality mode as it tried to praise Houston's legacy while covering her lurid end
At 48 years old, Houston’s died relatively young, but her battle with addiction played out so publicly that the final act was seemingly inevitable. Indeed, it was eerily reminiscent of the slow-motion declines of stars such as Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse.
thewrap.com music

UGH.  I didn't know what to talk about today.  I WAS going to tell you about my doctor's appointment in detail but this made my blood boil. I actually find the pretense offered by articles like the above referenced more annoying than those dealing respectfully with Ms. Houston's sad passing.

Prentending to be respectful and nice; mimicking civilized concern while at the same time veiling the "lurid truth" is like a frenemy showing you with concern in the girls room at school. 

Are you fooled? I don't think so.
And, they don't think you are either. All that matters is that they put on the show if covering the "lurid nature" of an event with a mask of presenting the information in  a journalistic way. 

Enough. Frankly, it's none of my business how and why Ms. Houston died. I may be curious; I may listen when they tell me, but I don't have a right to know.

Anyway.  Good news on this Valentine's Day.  I don't have any suspicious skin cancery things. YAY! It's a relief.  Once you have a bad skin cancer ever itch and bump becomes a suspect. 

So, I am having a happier day that I thought I would. I hope you do too!


Amy Winehouse at Bowery Ballroom 18
Image via Wikipedia