Saturday, February 18, 2012

What Are You Reading? What Have You Read?

What have you read and enjoyed so far this year? What did you dislike? Reading anything Fantastic at the moment? 

Counting backward from Feb 16 these are the 41 books I have read in the first 47 days of 2012:
1.  The Department of Magic, R. Kierkegaard, Jr. 
2.  Gideon, Jacquelyn Frank

3.  Cinder, Melissa Meyers 
4.  Lover Eternal, JR Ward 
5.  Lover Awakened, JR Ward 
Cover via Amazon
6.  Planesrunner , Ian MacDonald 
7.  Jacob, Jacquelyn Frank 
8.  Honor Bound, CJ Archer 
9.  In the Service of the King, Laura Kaye 
10. Dark Lover, JR Ward 
11. Dreaming of the Wolf , Terry Spear 
12. Killing Rites, MLN Hanover 
13. Deadly is the Kiss, Rhyannon Byrd 
14. Driving Mr. Dead, Molly Harper 
15. Hearts of Smoke and Steam, Andrew P. Mayer 
16. How Miss Rutherford Got Her Groove Back, Sophie Barnes 
17. Pack and Coven, Jody Wallace 

18. The Thirteen, Susie Moloney
19. Immortal Hope, Claire Ashgrove
20. Vicious Grace, MLN Hanover 
21. Darker After Midnight, Laura Adrian 
22. Firelight, Kristen Callihan 
23. If Walls Could Talk, Lucy Worsely 
24. Summer Solstice Celestial Seductions Book 3, Eden Bradley 
25. Pride and Prejudice Hidden Lusts, Mitzi Szereto 
26. Darker Angels, MLN Hanover 
27. The Kingdom, Amanda Stevens 
28. Ali in Wonderland, Ali Wentworth 
29. Demon Crossing, Eleri Stone 
30. Spell Caster, Cara Lynn Schultz 
31. Unclean Spirits. MLN Hanover 
32. Marked by Passion, Kate Perry 
33. The King's Druidess, Sky Purington 
34. The Duke is Mine, Eloisa James 
35. Winning the Wallflower, Eloisa James 
36. Under his Influence, Justine Elyot 
37. Kitty Goes to Washington, Carrie Vaughn 
38. Kiss of the Vampire, Cynthia Garner 
39. Shadow Heir, Richelle Mead 
40. The Stubborn Dead, Natasha Hoar
41. The Canvas Thief, P. Kirby

If it weren't for the blogging activity I'd never have any idea what I had read; I've even bought the same book more than once. I bolded the text for the stories I liked best! Some were shorter novellas which I don't usually enjoy; of those I really enjoyed Winning the Wallflower and Driving Mr. Dead.

One thing I know is that if I like something I will read as much of that series or author as possible within my time constraints. So you might see patterns. For example after I read the book If Walls Could Talk  I read a few Historical Romances and loved Firelight and Eloisa James' stories.