Monday, March 5, 2012

UNDER A VAMPIRE MOON & VACATION IDEAS ANYONE?

I fell in love with Lynsay Sands' Argeneau Vampire series because these vampires, despite obscene wealth are down to earth.  AND, Lynsay gives the absolute best explanation for vampirism ever, ever, ever (nanotechnology!).


Here is a note from her March newsletter on her next book: UNDER A VAMPIRE MOON out in April:


The next book scheduled to be released in late April is the sixteenth installment in the Argeneau series called Under A Vampire Moon. It's Marguerite's son, Christian Notte's turn. I had a lot of fun writing his story as we got to meet more of the Notte family and see Christian work his magic on the violin and Caro.
Gros Piton, St. Lucia, seen from the Ladera Ho...
Gros Piton, St. Lucia, seen from the Ladera Hotel restaurant Image via Wikipedia
I vacationed in St. Lucia, where Under A Vampire Moon takes place, with my sisters a few years ago. The people were amazingly nice and the waitstaff and drivers were all very sweet. We had a great time. And if you read this book then I will say this... I wasn't exaggerating about the steepness of those hills to the villas. I was always pleasantly relieved every time our van successfully dropped us off without rolling backwards or toppling over in a particularly steep area. I swear if you slipped and started to roll end over end down those inclines there would be nothing to slow you down except perhaps a tourist or two... and possibly a van. The one pro to the hills was if you made it all the way up to your villa on your own two feet without having a heat stroke or rolling back down again , you would have worked off any calories you ingested that day. If you have the opportunity to go away on vacation this year and you want to visit someplace warm and friendly then I'd recommend it.
www.lynsaysands.net/newsletters
Thanks for the travel tip.  My husband and I are looking for a super romantic place to spend our thirtieth anniversary. 

Anyone out there other than Lynsay been to St. Lucia?   Anyone other ideas for romantic anniversary vacations?

Saint Lucia Le Sport resort Author: Jim G via Wikipedia
And from her website the synopsis and a note.
Christian Notte's story, the sixteenth book in the Argeneau series is set on an island paradise called St. Lucia. After a bad relationship and an even worse divorce, Carolyn decides to go on a long overdue and much needed vacation with the 'girls'. Only the rest of the vacationers didn't get the memo. Around every corner there seems to be another couple celebrating their honeymoon or anniversary and the few single men she does see are far too young to even consider, including an irresistibly attractive rock violinist she meets. It's really too bad he's so young but in the end it doesn't matter because according to his cousin, Giacinta, women in general aren't Christian's type.

But there's a catch, Christian needs Carolyn's help. He needs her to be his beard (to play the part of his fake girlfriend) for the week to appease his 'machismo' family. Carolyn just can't seem to say No and decides to help Gia's cousin. The only problem is that being around Christian and acting like they are a loving couple is wreaking havoc on her emotions. Carolyn's thoughts keep drifting back to places they shouldn't, like kissing his full lips or feeling his broad shoulders under her fingertips... good lord, she's in trouble.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
All I can say is that this is my favourite Argeneau story to date. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
LynsaySands.net