So, it is as I predicted, just over a year post-nuptials, Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer, aka Sookie Stackhouse and Vampire Bill Condon are expecting.
I've never been to a Hollywood baby shower. I imagine the gifts run along the line of tuition-futures at Harvard and not gift cards to Target or a crib from Sears.
How would a Hollywood shower, all catered and glam, differ from one in Bontemps? I bet they wouldn't have any games in Hollywood. They'd be showing each other a scripts.
Imagine if Sookie were pregnant! But that's not possible, right? Tell that to Bella! Imagine.... (cue wavy lines and dreamy sound effect).......
∼∼∼∼∼∼∼∼
∼∼∼∼∼∼
∼∼∼∼
Of course if it were for the couple and not just Sookie, or if the vampire gals: Jess, Pam (at a shower!) and now (I hear) Tara, came it would surely have to be at night.Guests flambé would be a bad thing.
You'd have to serve the humans some of the wonderful foods Louisiana is known for, but also that old staple Ambrosia. And, you would need a lovely blood cocktail.
Would they have it at Vampire Bill's, Fangtasia or Merlottes?
And who would throw the shower: Arlene? Tara? Jason? Jess? Pam? Mrs. Fortenberry? LaFayette?
Of course it might not be Bill's little vampire baby. It could be Eric's (if it were possible in the Sookieverse). Maybe both vampires would deny paternity and we'd have to wait to see who it resembled.
I wonder who would be the better father? Bill tried to do a good job with Jess but, she was too much for him. Still, I don't know if Fangtasia would be a good place for a baby to be around.
Actually, from what I hear Anna Paquin is only twelve weeks pregnant so probably won't show much (uh huh, sure) this season and filming will wrap soon if it hasn't already. In the later books Sookie is always on a diet. But, it will be interesting to see how it is handled!
What do you think?
How would you host a shower for Sookie?
What would you wear to a shower in Hollywood or to one in Bon Temps?
What would you expect to find there to eat?
What would a little vampire baby need?
I have a Pinterest board for
"Sookie or Anna Baby Shower Ideas"
at my pinterest page:

Want to add something? Send it to me and I can put it on (if it meets my very, very high standards).
VIDEO: