| Image by Steve-h via Flickr |
I have so many things to do in my yard. The first thing I need to continue with is finishing last fall's clean-up. My sinus prevented my usual thoroughness and the yard guys don't do my perennial beds and borders. I also have to establish two new borders, one under the living room window wall and one in front of the shed. That's about eight shrubs and, I think some heather.
Then I am putting a bricked area in my front border so it doesn't look like a forgotten zone from the driveway to the faucet. I hate things like that, the little details that cheapen the yard. I have a list. I want a few potted tomatoes and some herb window boxes.
The full southern exposure across empty fields gives me something I didn't have at our old house, sunshine. That brings flowers but we also get a ton of wind off the water that rips up the peninsula we live on. Living on a sixty foot high cliff-edge as we do, our drainage is also good, too good. This means I spend an inordinate amount of time setting up water sprinklers since we're too cheap to put in irrigation. I am buying something irrigation like and I will dig the fekakita ditch myself. I won't have to go to the gym!
So, if you wonder what I am doing or where I am, I'm working my a$$ off in my yard wishing I had greater upper body strength and maybe fewer gardens.