I have noted through my own family connections here in Italy, that Frogs are a important symbolically. These fellas are hanging out in the courtyard fountain at Santa Maria delle Grazie here in Milan. Not a can of Bud in sight!
Sadly, The Last Supper was sold out for the day by the time I got there.
If the church, below looks new it's because except for the dome it was pretty much trashed in WWII.
If the church, below looks new it's because except for the dome it was pretty much trashed in WWII.
| Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, Italy. (Photo credit: Wikipedia) |
| Santa Maria della Grazia, Milan after an allied bombing in 1943 (Photo credit: Wikipedia) |
In the Duomo of Milan,its centerpiece, ( left and below) which is as complicated a building as I have ever seen, and heavily guarded by police and military, you get a real idea of how church was like theatre in a time when life was not as easy as it is today. Finally, however the crush of people here got to me and I had to seek some peace and quiet.

![]() |
| The Duomo Ext. http://www.italyheaven.co.uk/milan/duomo.html |
Tomorrow, I am in Pavia for the day and then we fly to Provence. I have had a tough time with the food here. There's plenty of mouth-watering goodness but not much that's gluten free.
