Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm Ba-a-ack with Boo-ooks

Yesterday I managed to get up, unpack, do laundry, eat some lunch and then fall into a nap-coma − East to West has always been my jet lag issue. I am also seeking the source of a "bad smell" in my house. It's somewhat nauseating. I would like to say I will never fly UNITED again or fly through Newark but, that's nearly impossible since my husband has to fly United and that where we get all our points.


I came home to discover a boatload of packages including RED SHIRTS by John Scalzi and KISS THE DEAD by Laurell K. Hamilton.  I was very surprised to be on the list for Laurell's book. Especially since I was not very happy with BEAUTY. It's out June 4 so look for a review on FANGS, WANDS AND FAIRY DUST around then.

L. E. Modesitt, Jr.'s PRINCEPS, the latest chapter in the Imager Series came too. It just came out on May 22. Library Journal and Booklist both praise Modesitt's writing.

I have a bunch of reviews to write on several books I read while away.  One, A NIGHT AT TEARS OF CRIMSON (Tears of Crimson Vampire Nightclub) by Michelle Hughes and "edited" by J Bryden Lloyd, I consider the worst book I have ever read. You can read why at FANGS, WANDS AND FAIRY DUST on Saturday.

PRE-Order         PRE-order        Order
   





Enhanced by Zemanta