Thursday, May 24, 2012

UNTIED AIRLINES

United 747 N015UA
United 747 N015UA (Photo credit: Telstar Logistics)
Marseilles to Brussels on Brussels Air was very pleasant.  From there the trip has gone downhill.  Now, United has instituted secondary, randomized security with issuance of new boarding passes and new baggage claims. UNANNOUNCED.  I don't often swear online but imagine me doing so now. 

What was worst was the obvious pleasure the Brussels security took in throwing it at us. You don't have a security sticker. "Wha?" How could I be here if I hadn't gone thru your remarkably anal security. They were major asshats.

Arrival in Newark fine, passport, customs, rechecking fine.  Allow me to say that if we had rented a car on arrival we would have arrived in Maine before the scheduled departure of our original flight.  So we get up from the United lounge and discover the flight had been cancelled and they had re-booked us on the 9:59 then 10:16 now 11:30. United/Continental is rapidly losing me as a passenger.

I am so tired.  We did meet and speak with many other stranded passengers in the lounges, some who were just lovely. But I am starting to be sick with tiredness having been up over 24 hours. I really need to be home and feel hugely frustrated by my inability to have any effect on my travel.  Sorry to say this isn't that fun a post and I haven't the energy to give you more. 

Ta Ta Steph




Enhanced by Zemanta