Monday, May 21, 2012

Intimidation


Aggghhh I am losing my mind. 

 I did find a cute dress to buy. Hubs thought I should by something more than the area’s food specialité, The Calisson d’Aix.  So I have been out much of the day to find a shop that A. Had nice clothes and B. Wasn’t hugely intimidating and C. Was open.  Even here people would take exception to B & E.   The only store that carries my Anick Giutal is not open today, so, after being totally lost for several hours, I went into Antoine and Lili where the clothes are made in France of French made cloth! For some reason I find European shop attendants intimidating.   I went into Aubade for some lingerie but I could have bought a second dress for the price of a bra and panties.  And, many of the stores are simply not open on Sunday and Monday. 

I bought a very different dress. This is not it!

saw this old scooter out shopping in the rabbit warren streets of Aix.
Oh yeah. It is very hard to be a Celiac in France. In Italy it was easy. Everyone got it. Here this has flour and that and the other thing has big chunks of bread.

Not all French children are well behaved in restaurants nor eat everything.  Recently a book came out that proposed the idea that French kids were perfectly behaved little Stepford children. Wrong Answer Game Show Buzzer Noise~!! ! It ain’t so

And, contrary to mythology, there are an ample number of French women who are themselves ample.  So throw that “French Women Don’t Get Fat” book away!  Recently the NY Times posited that people gain weight when the food is plentiful. Since tht is the case here one can see o=people who eat, drink and smoke

Poured all day yesterday and we decided to stay in much of the day and read. HUGE shock!  Having to figure out which language to speak and then to try to speak it are exhausting.

Indeed I am back at the room again to write this and find myself dozing off. Tomorrow we are moving to an airport hotel in Marseilles, then, home the next day.  I can’t wait to get home.