| Dresses (Photo credit: maaikeflis) |
Oh the noble sleeve, where hast thou gone? All the dresses of the right cut and fabric are devoid of sleeves. Why, oh why?
Seriously, have you tried to find a cotton knit dress with freaking sleeves lately? Not that creepy black or mushroom spandex and whatever "Travel" fabric that screams, "I am an American tourist without taste! Please deride my choices in your native tongue which I may understand." I figure that it's cheaper to make a sleeveless dress. I am not looking for something out of a Renaissance Faire, just a simple not too short T-Shirt type dress with a small sleeve. I shopped all day and came home with one almost-as-long-as-I-like dress that had a price point I could stomach for the poor fabric quality and workmanship.
Why Would A Woman Want Sleeves?
1. I am cold most of the time. My house, all stores and cars are air conditioned. To maintain a comfortable ambient temperature cool air must be blown into the room which causes a draft. The draft makes me cold.
2. I am in my fifties and, well I am in my fifties.
Bring back sleeves, cotton and simple things!