Lately it seems I am reading and writing about a lot of "steamy romance" and/or erotica for my other blog, Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust. Strictly speaking the stuff isn't "paranormal." And, I did start out reading a lot of paranormal steamy stuff. But, eventually I got more contemporary and even historic erotica.
Seems publishers are responding to the popularity of a certain book series.
But it is in my mind that people may not think well of my taking liberties with the genre. Sure, it's my blog and I can do what I want, but as much as I enjoy writing my posts, it's what readers want that matters. So, I look at it thus.
We read paranormal or study it or believe in it for a variety of reasons including obtaining a feeling of magic so often lost in our adulthood. There's nothing more magical than love. Love is the ultimate fantasy subject because it is something we all crave. So, while I am thinking of altering my other blog's description to more clearly state that other romance and erotica sub genres will be included. But erotica is fantasy.
While looking for a movie to go see, I came upon this trailer for the limited release film RUBY SPARKS. In it the main character says what I believe anyway providing additional fodder for my rationalizations.
So, what do you think? Should I endeavor to stay within paranormal more or are my rationalizations too much of a stretch?

Seems publishers are responding to the popularity of a certain book series.
But it is in my mind that people may not think well of my taking liberties with the genre. Sure, it's my blog and I can do what I want, but as much as I enjoy writing my posts, it's what readers want that matters. So, I look at it thus.
We read paranormal or study it or believe in it for a variety of reasons including obtaining a feeling of magic so often lost in our adulthood. There's nothing more magical than love. Love is the ultimate fantasy subject because it is something we all crave. So, while I am thinking of altering my other blog's description to more clearly state that other romance and erotica sub genres will be included. But erotica is fantasy.
While looking for a movie to go see, I came upon this trailer for the limited release film RUBY SPARKS. In it the main character says what I believe anyway providing additional fodder for my rationalizations.
So, what do you think? Should I endeavor to stay within paranormal more or are my rationalizations too much of a stretch?