Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Itchy Fingers: Please Help Me Pick A Subject to Paint



English: Cupcake; a painting by Wayne Thiebaud
English: Cupcake;
Wayne Thiebaud (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I really want back in my studio. To this end, I have decided to include you all in the process. First, I have to think of what to paint.  I did a lot of portraits. Don't know that I want to again.  Does anyone need another bowl of fruit or a bouquet?  If I paint the sea or the marsh of gods and godesses forbid, a LIGHTHOUSE, I am painting tourist art.  Instead, why not paint art from when I was a tourist.

Here are some photos I took on our recentish trip to Europe. I like to paint markets in Europe. And, scooters.  And while not portraiture, I like life in my market scenes. 

Now, the cakes in the window.  I amazed how the smallest bakery can turn out these gorgeous cakes.  Thank goodness I cannot eat this stuff.  My favorite painter is usually Wayne Thiebaud. See the cupcake at left. 

So, non-painters here is your chance to be involved in a painting.  Which scene from these four photos should I work on?



Enhanced by Zemanta