My husband LOVES Tony Bourdain
"I come from a house filled with books. I had very good English teachers in high school. I was something of a reading prodigy when I was a little kid. When I was in kindergarten, I stole my parents' copy of Why Johnny Can't Read. It angered me that they would have such a book, and I read the whole thing. I was reading way ahead of my grade level for all of grammar school and beyond. I read very quickly. I read a lot. I read widely. It is a pleasure for me, a passion."
--Anthony Bourdain in an interview with the Los Angeles Times.
REBLOGGED from Shelf AWARENESS
It's funny, because my parents were told NOT to teach us to read themselves. It was a thing in education apparently when I started out. Like the NEW math. That apparently started right after they started to teach me and kept teaching me the OLD math. That could explain a lot.
