Friday, December 23, 2011

White Christmas or Just Another Muddy Sunday

Like last week, it would appear we might have a White Christmas.  Or, like yesterday it could be in the sixties and we'll just have a messy, muddy Sunday. For us, a thrilling weekend of working on the shed, punctuated by nice visits with friends and family.  

I always recall Bing Crosby's song at the Holiday Inn: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas; just like the ones we used to know,...  I wonder, an early harbinger of global climate change?By the way, this is an iconic film, not in the same way as "It's a Wonderful Life" but in a silly musical sort of way.  It points to idyllic holidays.

English: Bing Crosby & Marjorie Reynolds in Ho...
Bing Crosby and Marjorie Reynolds in White Christmas:  Image via Wikipedia
Cropped screenshot of Rosemary Clooney and Bin...
Bing and Rosemary Clooney (George's Aunt) in White Christmas                Image via Wikipedia