Sunday, June 17, 2012

Do you have a bucket list?

"The Favorite" - Grandfather and Gra...
"The Favorite" - Grandfather and Grandson - "Ο Αγαπημένος του Παππού" (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
With one friend's husband's burial, another about to become a great-grandmother, and graduations and such happening I have been thinking of life stages. Sometimes a passage can be abrupt; like going from wife to widow in a moment. And sometimes I think we slide from one stage of life to another slowly and almost without noticing. 

What is clear is that life is short and as I once heard, the future isn't something that just happens to you.

At her husband's wake my friend remarked  that we shouldn't put off doing the things on your bucket list.

I don't really have a bucket list. I think I do most of the things I want, and I have had a particularly blessed life. I have always found that except for great art, seeing a sight like the Eiffel Tower is anti-climactic. I think if I had such a list, the first thing on it would be to stop being afraid to do things like ballooning. Those fears paralyze me.

Do you have a bucket list?





Enhanced by Zemanta