Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Price of Tea in China

English: A Longji terrace in Longsheng county,...
English: A Longji terrace in Longsheng county, Guilin, China. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
You know that old saying: What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? I am hearing that a lot in my head this week. 
A few things about my elderly mother:
1. And this has little to do with age, this is pretty much just her: Logic is not part of her thought processes. You can get from A to B via Z. Hence, I often find myself thinking the titular aphorism.
2. She is overly attached to my sister's employees. Last year she opted to stay for my sister's housekeeper's immigration hearing instead of visiting me. Good to know where I stand.
3. My sisters can do no wrong. If my sister were found cogent, with a bloody axe, standing over a body screaming, "I did it, and I am glad I did!" it would still be someone else's fault.  (how do you create a possessive for "someone else"?)
4. For some reason my mother seems to enjoy pitting my sisters and I against each other by relating half-truths to us about each other.

I am trying, I really am trying.



Enhanced by Zemanta